I had an eventful weekend! On Friday night Deidre, Mom, and I went to Winstar Casino to see Gary Allan. If you've never been to a concert there, I'd highly recommend it only if you buy VIP or the sections on either sides of the stage....to row FF. Behind row FF is a rope that separates it from the rest of the crowd. When the performer begins everyone runs to the front of the stage and remains there for the rest of the show. Kinda like being at Gilleys, but better. I've never seen Gary Allan live. To be honest, I've never LOVED Gary Allan until recent months. He won me over on Friday night. From full band to solo acoustic to full band acoustic back to full band he rocked the stage and gained my respect. I can't wait to see him again on October 24th at Starplex with my EYB boys.
On the drive home I convinced them to stop at Shooters to see if the Motorcars were there Friday night or Saturday night because on the way up there we could tell on the sign. Well, it was double bonus night because they were there and still playing and so we went in and listened to the rest of the show. I saw 2 Garys in one night and it was amazing.
The next afternoon my friend of 21 years, Karen, got married. It was a very short but sweet ceremony (like maybe 10 minutes at the most) and then we all went to South Fork Ranch for the reception. It was all beautiful. And Karen was so pretty and happy. I drank some Shiners, ate some food, hung out at the fun girls table, had my picture taken in the photo booth with 2 of my favorites, and when I started getting up to go dance on the dance floor I decided that it was time for me to leave. So at 10 pm I left.
I drove home and changed clothes and drove to Dallas to meet up with Deidre and we went to Adairs. Another bonus for the weekend was Ryan Bales playing there. So I drank way too many princess drinks to the point I felt like throwing up. I couldn't even drink the jagerbomb Deidre bought. The 2 Joels were working and don't think B Joel didn't remind me of the shimmy I did the week before. And once when we needed drink refills those 2 jerks did rock, paper, scissors to decide who HAD to wait on us. They thought it was funny, we didn't. I've decided to not do redbull drinks anymore, from now on I'm gonna do cranberry juice and vodka because I couldn't sleep to save my life that night from all the redbull I had consumed. Ugh. I think we finally ended up leaving about 2:30 am.
So Sunday I didn't do a darn thing but lounge on the couch. Then about 1 pm I crashed and slept until 4:30.
I'm actually looking forward to this weekend because I'm not doing anything. I'm not going out. I'm not stepping foot in Adairs. I'll be in Allen if anybody needs me :)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Posted by Dawn Renee at 12:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment