Well, once a month updating isn't so bad, right?
As of right now I'm a week into a really bad sinus infection/bronchitis. After $100 worth of prescriptions, I've still got a stuffed up head. My chest feels better and I'm not coughing so much, but if my ears would just pop I'd be one happy girl. I've resorted to sticking cotton in whichever ear is open so I don't feel like I'm suffering from vertigo. My allergist told me if the infection wasn't better when I returned in 2 weeks I would have to go see my ENT again to see if there's scar tissue in my nose from my surgery I had 3 years ago. My cat scan came back normal, so I don't have any polyps up there...whatever that means. I'm just ready to feel better.
I had a great time with Jamie in Aransas Pass for Spring Break. I caught a fish! Actually it looks like a mini shark, but I have my picture taken with it and everything! It was fun. Jamie, however, not a fan of the fishing. She cracks me up. We got to see dolphins out in the bay. It was beautiful there. We even saw Ryan James, Wade Bowen, EYB, and RRB. It had been 2 long years since I'd seen Randy. Awe Randy how I had missed him! He was fabulous! Anyways, I hope I'm able to go again with her this summer.
The following Thursday I went to Adairs for Drew Kennedy and Rodney Hayden with the girls and had a scrumptious burger and fries. On Friday we saw EYB at HOB. This band, Trailer Park Choir opened for them. If you have never seen a 300 pound man do the worm, you must youtube them and see if someone has gotten a video of it. Good gracious it was funny. Not exactly a band I would choose to open for EYB, but it was certainly different. EYB sounded fabulous. Way better than the week before in Corpus. I won't mention what I thought of that show.....Saturday I met up with Heather at Adairs. That was fun. Never a dull moment there! Then Sunday we went to the first TXRDR backyard bar-b-que in Ft. Worth to see some Mike Eli acoustic greatness. He played a new song he wrote with Blu Sanders, "War On A Desperate Man." So freakin good. I heart him.
Last weekend I hardly made it out of the house because I started getting sick. And well I've already mentioned how my week has been. Tonight I'm going to try and make it to Jason Boland at Hanks with everyone. Hopefully my head will either explode before then or I'll be sporting my cool cotton in my ears. Everyone will be jealous I'm sure!
Everyone have a Happy Easter!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Happy Easter!
Posted by Dawn Renee at 1:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment