CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Is your name Patsy?

I have never seen so many people from different walks of life in one room before last night. And, believe it or not I actually had fun. I can't say I understood 95% of the things he "sang," but it was fun none-the-less! I saw some interesting dancing techniques. And alot of drunk old people. Crocodile Dundee was there or at least his protege' was. And these 2 tall guys come out of no where and stand right in front of me and Deidre and I said loudly, "Uh-Huh I don't think so" and they moved back over. Hello dummies we're short! Good grief. Deidre and I started making a game out of "guess the lyrics" during the later part of the show. During one song he started saying something about Alicia Keys and I was like, why the heck is he talking about Alicia Keys and Deidre says I'm not really sure he's saying that, it's probably just what we think we're hearing....but guess what!!!

I was thinkin' 'bout Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from crying
When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line
I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be
I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee

We actually think it's a bit weird that he was singing about her. I mean he's old enough to be her grandfather right?

Anyways, during above song we decided to head to the back near the doors so we could be one of the first in line to get the car from valet when this guy walks up to me and goes, "Is your name Patsy?" Of course I said no. I was thinking do I look like a Patsy and you're old enough to be MY grandfather, so I doubt I'm the girl you're looking for! haha I did buy an eco bag with a Dylan logo on it. The merch guy told me I was saving the dolphins.

So this weekend I'm going to see the musical, "Love, Janis" about Janis Joplin's life through her own words and lyrics. I'm excited about it. And I will probably make it out to Gilleys to see Johnny Cooper.

Today is my Papaw's birthday. So happy birthday to him!

Everyone have a safe weekend!

2 comments:

Jamie Burns said...

Sounds like you had an interesting time! I hope you had fun seeing "Love,Janis." Going to musicals is one of my favorite things, I just don't get to go very often.

KRiSTiN said...

Happy late birthday, Patsy's Papaw!! ::Snicker::

If it makes you feel better, a while back I met some guys and when I flirted and played coy and made him guess how old I was, he said, "34?". I WAS 23. Grrr. Stupid boys.