CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose....

Let me just say this: I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into when I bought these tickets for my Mom because to be honest, aside from her music, I knew nothing about Janis Joplin, but this musical freakin' ROCKED! You learn about her insecurities, her struggles, her addictions, her feelings, her loves, her life, and in 2 words it was: simply amazing. It was set up where one actress played the talking Janis and one actress/singer played the singing Janis. Sometimes they interacted together. It was beautifully done and the girl who played the singing Janis sounded JUST LIKE HER. It was awesome. So if you ever get the chance to see it, take the chance, you won't be disappointed. When we left the Majestic, I came home and looked some stuff up on youtube. I think I was there for like an hour watching all the interviews and stuff. I'm intrigued by her. She was a troubled soul. I feel sorry for her. She died way too soon. When she dies in the musical, I cried. I was that touched and saddened. When a freakin' musical can make you cry, then you know its good. haha Now if I could just get "take it, take another little piece of my heart now baby" out of my head, all will be ok.

I told my Mom I was done with 60s artist for a little while....Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin in the same week almost sent me into overload! haha

I didn't do anything else really the rest of the weekend except on Sunday when I went to my grandparents and spent the day with them and took my Papaw out for his birthday dinner.

It was a great weekend.

1 comments:

De!dre said...

Was her name Dana Fuchs? If so, she's in Across the Universe and ROCKS. I thought she sounded like Janis, so afterwards I "Wikipediaed" (is that a word?)her and it said she played Janis in Love Janis!