CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rebecca Lynn grew up in Carolina....

Bryan White. I used have the biggest crush on him. I was almost stalkerworthy. I was a member of his fanclub. I got backstage passes and met him. Decided he was an ass. And well that was the end of my obsession.
Today on the Wolf at 1:15ish they played the above mentioned Bryan White song. And it made me smile. Not because I love Bryan White or anything but because I am so different from that girl that I used to be. And I'm proud of that. The quiet, timid girl who would become all nerves around boys to the point she couldn't even talk to them. The girl who never spoke out against anything and let her friends dictate what she did and ultimately lose those friendships because she decided that conforming to their standards wasn't something she was willing to do anymore.

I decided that perhaps Bryan White was just having a bad night and maybe he really isn't an ass. In fact his life seems quite normal and happy. And it appears that he's singing again.

I am fortunate that I have the friends that I have now. Friends that allow me to be me. And when I have a bad day and say something I don't always mean that they can look past it and see me for the person that I am, not the person I was at that moment. I am a lucky woman. And a much happier one than the 19 year old girl that first fell in love with Bryan White.

1 comments:

De!dre said...

Aww. I think when you were obsessed with Bryan White was the same time I was obsessed with Gary Allan. Wait...I still am.