"Are you freakin' serious?" I ask Jamie when she calls to inform me there's been a location change for Lorann's party. So I arrive at this shindig 30 minutes late, but it's all good because, well, EYB isn't starting until 8 pm and trust me, I didn't need to be in there any longer than possible. And yes it's in a metal building that sort of resembles a barn in the middle of freakin' nowhere, Texas. I wait for the CS girls to get there because Lord knows I'm not going in that place by myself! OK, so we walk through the door and I kid you not we have to wait in line to have our name checked off the guest list! Next you move to this table of party favors where there are glow bracelets with Eli Young Band printed on them and these black cups that say "I partied like a rockstar with Lorann and Eli Young Band" WOWZA. I move forward to get my Dr. Pepper and head towards the "stage." I spot Phil and Mindy so I go say hi, then I say hi to Gage, who's learning how to do the boards and stuff for when Troy is out in August for something or other. Then the boys walk in....and they look BEAT DOWN...and this look continues throughout the entire show. I felt kinda sorry for Lorann because it was her birthday and these boys looked like they wanted to be anywhere but where they were. Ok, so crazy Shirlie arrives and she heads straight for Gage and they exchange conversation and when she goes to walk away she hugs him and kisses him on the cheek. I seriously thought he was going to barf. So the boys start playing. It's going about as well as it can. Ok, so Mike has said Lorann's name about 4 times (he says it like LOR-ANN) so she decides to let him know that he is saying it wrong (its pronounced like Lauren) in front of EVERYONE. First, Mike is beat down about being there. Second, you just corrected him. He gets mad. I don't mean just pissed, I mean mad and believe me she knows it when he's done saying what he said. "I've known you for like 3 years and you're just NOW telling me I pronounce your name wrong? Thanks for pointing that out in front of EVERYONE here." Oh boy. So they finish out the show and when they do "Small Town Kid" Lorann jumps on stage to introduce the band. Let's just say it didn't go so well. And poor Gage got it the worst. She says, "And the guy who supposed to be selling merch, I don't know what he's doing tonight, I guess he's just being lazy, well he's Gage." I look at Gage and he's like WTF? It didn't get any better with the boys. Finally they are done and immediately start loading out. Here comes crazy Shirlie to Mike saying something about doing the birthday cake, etc, etc. Mike goes, "Are you the party planner?" Which pisses her off and she goes storming off from him and he was just like whatever. So I step in and say to Shirlie, "look you do not want to piss off Mike. I have been on the receiving end of that before and if I were you I'd just let him cool off." The freak starts yelling at me something about its ok for someone to call him stupid but I just say blah blah blah blah blah is all I was hearing. I just looked at her and turned around a walked away. I will say it now, I don't like her. Period. Her daughter is nice, Shirlie, not so much. I decide that it is way past time for me to leave and I butt in front of everyone and tell the boys bye. Screw you Troy, but I wasn't waiting in line this time. But Troy was busy loading stuff, so he wasn't around to know. haha I'm guessing the EYB won't be playing Lorann's b-day party next year....it's just a hunch....
And I thought hanging with Chanda was going to be bad on Friday, she had nothing on this experience! And however bad you think my description just was, it was much worse live.
Monday, July 9, 2007
"I'm going to a party at a BARN?!?!?!?!"
Posted by Dawn Renee at 11:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Holy Hellfire, I can't wait to text Mike and ask him if he had a ton of fun! haha
I heard it was bad but your first person description made my day!
Thank you for that!
Post a Comment