It is not, nor will it ever be, ok to plant in your flower beds FAKE flowers. This seems to be a growing fettish in my neighborhood. It's not like we haven't been getting enough rain lately that REAL LIVE flowers won't survive. If you can't keep flowers alive then plant shrubs and be done with it. I may not have a green thumb, but I sure as heck can grow some flowers. Fake flowers are tacky and I'm sick of looking at them. Want to know the reason they look fake, BECAUSE THEY ARE.
This brings me back to a time when I went over to Deidre's old apartment and when we got ready to leave we noticed these hanging baskets on someone's patio. I remember thinking they looked funny so I went to take a look. And sure enough, they were fake. Deidre and I had fun with this one. We laughed about it for a while. And I remember those baskets hung there forever....heck maybe they're even still there.
"Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
I'll take flowers for $400 Alex....
Posted by Dawn Renee at 12:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment